This week we discuss the challenges of developing a reading habit. Taimur shares his struggles with starting books and never finishing them, lamenting the small role of reading in his life. Ali offers some advice on how to read more regularly, and we share some book recommendations for listeners. Enjoy!
- Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
- The 4-Hour Work Week - Tim Ferriss
- Harry Potter - JK Rowling
- The Courage to be Disliked - Ichiro Kishimi, Fumitake Koga
- The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss (Audiobook recommended)
- The Stormlight Archive - Brandon Sanderson (Audiobook recommended)
- Stardust - Neil Gaiman (Audiobook recommended)
- How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading - Mortimer Adler, Charles Van Doren
What is this?
Not Overthinking is a podcast about happiness, creativity, and the human condition. We talk about things to help us think, do, and be better. Things like social interaction, lifestyle design, mental models... Things that are hard to examine, but important to explore. And hopefully, things that make for a fun and interesting chat every week.
Who are we?
Ali is a junior doctor and YouTuber working in Cambridge, UK. He makes videos about medicine, technology, productivity and lifestyle design. His links: YouTube
Taimur is a data scientist and writer, working on his own startup Causal
. He writes on his blog and as a columnist for Medium. His links: Blog
Get in Touch
We absolutely love getting emails from our lovely listeners. If you've got anything to add, any feedback or advice, or just want to share some thoughts, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're feeling super brave, you could even send us an audio clip with some thoughts - those are quite nice to insert into the podcast and lead to more interesting discussions.